"Pro Hardbody" is SCHOR's hardbody racing class for experience slot racers. The intention is to create an easy and fun low-tech racing class, that permits a wide variety of new and existing hard-body HO cars to be raced together, with an emphasis on creating parity through rule (magnets and tires) adjustments.
The approved chassis for the Pro-Hardbody class are: Tomy Mega G and Tomy Mega G+ (short and long), Tyco 440-X2, Tomy Super G+, Tomy SRT, Auto World Super III, and Life-Like M and T, brand cars.
Bodies must be any HO Hard Plastic or Resin-molded body that is commercially available and Made to Fit the HO Slot car brands listed above.
Body styles allowed for the 2017 Pro-hardbody class are restricted to mostly: GTP, LMP, & Group C & GT-LeMans style hardbodies. Rear wings are optional and can be REMOVED on most cars (except GT) in this class (see tech for details).
No open wheel Indy/F1 style bodies will be allowed!
In addition to the General Rules, the following requirements must also be met.
- Hard Bodies can only be lowered utilizing a body clip (like the Viper "lower" body clip or some other brand).
- They must be mounted in original position
- Hard bodies can not be lightened.
- Hard body wheel wells may be minimally trimmed to improve wheel clearance (see tech director for questions) must remain in stock position
The following upgrades are allowed, but are not required:
- Double-Flanged Rear Rims,
- Slip-on silicone rear tires,
- O-ring, sanded, or smaller (thinner) front tires (no Independent rotating fronts).
- Any rear pinion and/or crown gears.
- Rear axle pins.
The modifications and restrictions below are based on the brand of car you are racing.
- TOMY MEGA G+ : Upgraded Neo Traction mags (level 48,50,52 Chrome or Gold)
- TOMY MEGA G 1.5 or 1.7 : Upgraded Neo Traction mag (level 48,50,52 Chrome or Gold)
- TOMY SRT : Upgraded Neo Traction magnets (level 48,50,52) or Polymer magnet bar
- TOMY SUPER G+ : Gray Tomy or Level 10 traction magnets.
- TYCO 440-X2: BSRT #271, Wizzard MHP 11B, Polymer Traction magnets
- LIFE LIKE T CAR - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
- LIFE LIKE M CAR - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
- Auto World Super III - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
Additional minor modifications/adjustments will be subject to review of the Race Director.