Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Friday, January 1, 2016
RULES TO RACE BY:
In order to keep things from falling into chaos and to maintain some semblance of organization and fairness, you pretty much need some rules. In the case of auto racing, and I mean ANY auto racing - from real cars all the way down to HO scale slot cars - you DEFINITELY need some rules! Here are the current SCHOR 2016 rules. Our General rules are pretty comparable to what you'll see in most of the national and regional HO clubs and organizations across the country, and our Super Stock and NEO classes are also very similar. But just like other places, here in SO CAL we do have a few things that we like to do our own way (like Hardbodies and our "So-Cal" Modifieds). So check 'em out...
Hot Rod slides through the Tech Block
HO SLOT CAR RACING - OFFICIAL RULES
1. Maximum allowable length of the entire car is 3.00 inches. Maximum allowable width is 1.3125 inches. Minimum allowable wheelbase is 1.375 inches. Maximum allowable lateral front axle movement is .03125 inches.
2. Body should be a scale replica of an actual 1:1 racing or street car. Body can be of the vacuum -formed variety. Vacuum-formed body must have clear front wheel openings (if front wheel wells are not cut out). The body must be painted. Except through legal openings, the body must cover the chassis when viewed from the sides and above. Any car without a body or an interfering body will not be allowed to continue to run.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
SCHOR RACERS & SLOTHEADS
Just like the weather, the scheduling of slot races is not an exact science. We are still racing this month, but due to circumstances beyond anyone's control we won't be at Eric's. Instead will be back at Eddie's in Rancho Cucamonga - which means everybody gets a "Second Shot" at racing on the big Riverside track!
Saturday November 21st
SCHOR RACE #7
NEO, MODIFIED, SUPER STOCK, HARDBODY
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Thursday, September 10, 2015
RACERS and SLOTHEADS
It is HOT!!
Just "Click" on the pic below and she'll give you her latest report
(Best viewed at Full Screen)
(Best viewed at Full Screen)
Told you it was Pretty HAWT!
Whoops! I forgot to mention the SCHOR Race...
REMEMBER WE ARE RACING AT BRAD BOWMAN's
Saturday September 19th
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Hard-Body Modified is a recently added HO racing class in SCHOR. The purpose of this class is to allow racers who are new or returning to HO slot racing to be involved in organized SCHOR racing without having to spend a lot of money, or having to compete with more experienced HO slot racers. The intention is to create an easy and fun low-tech racing class, that permits a wide variety of new and existing hard-body HO cars to be raced together, with an emphasis on creating parity through rule (magnets and tires) adjustments.
This event is usually the first race of the days program, and the races are 2 or 3 minute heats w/1.5 minutes for pit time.
Due to popular demand, there is now a "Pro-Hardbody" class for experienced racers!
ANYTIME THAT THERE ARE MORE THAN TWO AMATEURS AVAILABLE TO RACE, THE AMATEUR HARDBODY RACE will be held SEPARATE from the PRO HARDBODY RACE
The approved chassis for the Rookie Hardbody class are: Tomy Mega Gs (short and long), Tyco 440-X2, Tomy Super G+, Tomy SRT, Auto World Super III, and Life-Like M and T, brand cars.
Bodies must be a product of the HO Slot car brands listed above. Either Indy/F1, NASCAR, or GTP bodies will be utilized depending upon chosen race format.
In addition to the General Rules, the following requirements must also be met.
- Hard Bodies cannot be lowered. They must be mounted in original position
- Hard bodies can not be lightened.
- Mega G Traction Magnets must remain in stock position
The following upgrades are allowed, but are not required:
- Double-Flanged Rear Rims,
- Slip-on silicone rear tires,
- O-ring, sanded, or smaller (thinner) front tires.
- Any rear pinion and/or crown gears.
- Rear axle pins.
The modifications and restrictions below are based on the brand of car you are racing.
- TOMY MEGA G+ : Upgraded Neo Traction mags (level 48,50,52 Chrome or Gold)
- TOMY MEGA G 1.5 or 1.7 : Upgraded Neo Traction mag (level 48,50,52 Chrome or Gold)
- TOMY SRT : Upgraded Neo Traction magnets (level 48,50,52)
- TOMY SUPER G+ : Gray Tomy or Level 10 traction magnets.
- TYCO 440-X2: BSRT #271, Wizzard MHP 11B Polymer Traction magnets
- LIFE LIKE T CAR - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
- LIFE LIKE M CAR - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
- Auto World Super III - Silicone-Sponge rear tires are allowed
Additional minor modifications/adjustments will be subject to review of the Race Director.